Sunday, October 16, 2005

Mus

Mus is a home for school children. There are fifteen children here of all ages up to 17. They attend various schools, Volksschule, Mittelschule, Hochschule and Handelschule. There is also a Danish girl here. The children are watched over by an Erzieherin, an excellent person. I sleep in a room with 2 German girls who attend Handelschule. As yet, we don't know each other very well, as they are always in bed before I am & in the morning they have lessons and must leave early.

I am very contented with everything, only one thing disturbs me, that is, I must always go through the children's room at night to get to my bed; the door has an unpleasant habit of sticking. One pushes + heaves + it bursts open with a shattering bang + wakes up the whole house. Then I must grope about in the dark and there is sure to be something in the way to fall over. Lastly, concerns my bedroom slippers; unfortunately they also have an unpleasant habit of getting at the back of my cupboard where I don't easily find them + must go sometimes barefooted on the cold stone floor of the bathrooms. The result is one side of me is cold + the other warm in bed.

No comments: