Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Thurs. 25. May

I woke refreshed and overjoyed to find the sun beaming out of a blue sky. It was, however, windy and by no means warm. I sprang joyfully to the cold tap in the bathroom. My room companions had already an hour previously departed and as a great pleasure I was allowed to Frühstück [edit: breakfast] in the kitchen, which is somehow more homely than the large empty dining hall. It was already half past 10 and I hastened up to the Uni for my German lesson.

We learnt to begin with Idiomatische phrases, and afterwards dictation... a hasty visit to the StudentenKlub... then home to a good dinner - oh joy, asparagus soup - meat patties, lettuce and potatoes, and afterwards a Mehlspeise. The afternoon was spent in making the last Aufachmen [edit: ?] in the phonogram archive and afterwards in a Buchwei (secondhand books) and bought a much longed for knust geschichte and Willhelmmeisters Lehrjahre from Goethe for 2 RM.

After abendessen, which consisted of eggrice (?) (scrambled egg and rice and lettuce), I settled down in my favourite corner (the white writing room, but the white schriebtisch). Well, well, time goes. I must write no more here, but to my dear mother. Tomorrow, give us a schionen tag, for swimming I will go.

1 comment:

Post-Denom Jew said...

It's been a long time since your last post...I cannot wait for the next one.